sábado, 18 de septiembre de 2021

Gyaru Month Meme♥

 



 

Hello lovies!

I know it has been forever since my last time here. However, I chose this month and next to have a casual comeback to my blog. As part of the Gyaru Month Celebration organized by Reila, I wanted to participate with my answers to this meme:



♥Name / Gyaru nickname and country
I'm Kiwiitan (Kiwii for short) and I am from Sunny San Diego California♥ 

♥Since when are you gyaru?
I started my gyaru journey back in 2011 but I have been a fan of gyaru since 2009 when I first discovered hime gyaru and magazine scans compilations on YouTube♥

♥How did you discover the style?
As I mentioned on the previous point I found about gyaru surfing the internet. I was a big fan of Japanese fashion already (I used to do decora and visual kei)... so it was a matter of time before I found out about Shibuya and the wonders of gyaru ♥

♥What's your current substyle? Why do you like it?
I would consider myself to be gyaru-kei, although I am more into anything and everything pink. I have dabbled lately into more cutesy looks such as hime~ I am not defined by any brand nor particular look. As long as it fits my personality and overall pink vibe xD

♥What are your current booms? 
Playboy Bunny, long a$$ wigs, mullets, Y2K anything! Specially 2005-2008 trends♥

♥Share 3 of your fav codes. Why do you like them so much?

Achieving my gyaru dreams with this hime look♥ I wih I had a more voluminous wig, but the "A" cut on the dress is so cute! 

Dress/OffBrand/Stockings+Top/Shein/Shoes/DIY/Purse/Disney Store. 




Simple yet Y2K! Also, pink is my thing and this shirt is so comfy! I wore this look to the International Decora Day meeting (I was nosey). 

Top+Necklace/MissGuidedxPlayBoy/Boots/Demonia


Dark hime-kaji at your service! This one was one of my first looks in my girly boom. 

Marie Nekomimi/Hot Topic/Dress+Stockings/Shein/Bow/Aliexpress/Necklace/Juicy Couture

♥Share 3 things your learned during your Gyaru journey.

-Friendship and community is the most important thing about gal. There would be no joy if we didn't get to share with gals who understood our fashion journeys. I know the com can be intimidating, but there is space for everyone. Seek deep relationships, I promise you it will make the experience 100000x better.

-Is okay to experiment, but please have the basic makeup first. The most important part is to have the makeup that suits your features the best, and sometimes you have to fuck up many times in order to get there. More is more, until you are able adjust! Makeup can be cleaned up, so failure is encouraged. 

-I have also learned to take every concrit with a grain of salt. At this stage in my journey I only seek advice from people I trust and respect. I have nothing to hear from random people, lol. However, when I began my journey I encountered trolls and criticism regarding my appearance. It was bound to happen, but I eventually grew to not give a fuck. Hope everyone gets there eventually.

♥Share 3 gaijin gals and 3 Japanese gals you look up to.

Soooo hard to answer this! Overall, the international comm is inspo for me! I want to be as cool as everyone ;v; but I will pick some with no specific order. As for Japanese models, I guess my faves are more on the alt/experimental side.

Japanese Gyals♥

Wakapikumin
Alt and Harajuku-esque looks were my thing and I always have a fond memory about her outfits hitting that spot.

Re:No
To me the red lip and black shadow+ droopyness and punk/dark look was a YES!

Gugu (Kurumi)
She has one of the first recognizable gyaru I've followed. I loved her fluffy hair, soft blush and spikey lashes♥


Gaijin Gyals♥

♥Reila: I want to be as cool and active in the community! I really love her style an energy♥ Also admire her so much, knowing her from her beginning in the style.

♥Kineem: Eyemake 1000000% also super talented Mexican gal♥

♥Pukapitan: Have you seen them? Flawlesssss and their overall style is perfect!

♥What's your favorite Gyaru memory?

(I look drunk, but I was just happy AF)

I have many nice memories! But my faves have to be meeting with Kophi and hanging out in Mexico City♥ Also those long phone calls with the Gyaru Go! group during the pandemic. 

♥What would do advice to people who want to start in the style but doesn't have the courage yet?

Research! It's easy to ask questions on a group, but please give it a go and GOOGLE the fuck out of everything. People do not mind helping you out, but more gals are eager to give you a hand if they see that you have put effort into it.  




With this we wrap up this post! Hope it was as entertaining to read as it was to make♥

I will try and seek a way to keep of the dust TT_TT but I suck, cuz my brain is made out of gum.

Please please please take part on the Gyaru Month Activities! I am making a panel next to other members of the Spanish speaking community.


I love you!! 

XOXO- Kiwiitan



3 comentarios:

  1. El gyaru power a todo lo que da. ♥o♥

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Diooos me encanta cuando llevabas el pelo verde! Te quedaba súper bien *___* me encantan todos los outfits pero definitivamente estoy enamorada del primero! 10/10 en todo <333333

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Kiwi!!!! I love the pic where you look drunk! Is just amazing 😂!
    Also, same, growing for not giving a fuck should be the goal or something 😂😂😂 the same that happened to you happened to me, I feel you, sister ❤️
    Also... Have I already said HOW MUCH THE FUCK I love your already droppy eyes? Gal, you the luckiest bitch ever!!!!

    ResponderEliminar

Life lately

Accepting change is necessary as you grow. Keeping yourself smiling and youthful only glows from within. I've embraced that I am not the...